Social Media Policy
The City of Pharr Social Media accounts are operated and maintained by the Media department of the City of Pharr. Sites are intended to serve as a mechanism to disseminate information between the City of Pharr and the public on many topics. Comments posted to our sites will be monitored. The City of Pharr reserves the right to delete comments that: contain false information, obscene language or sexual content, threaten or defame any person or organization, support or oppose political candidates, political organizations or ballot propositions, promote illegal activity, commercial services or products, infringe on copyrights or trademarks or are not topically related to the particular posting.
Social Media comment policy: Once posted, the City of Pharr reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar Language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Please note that the comments expressed on our sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Pharr or its employees. All content of this site and all comments submitted to this page and its list of fans are public and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.